Click for more screenshots
Support this software:
Monochrome is an IRC client intended for long-time IRC users.
Its primary goals are security, reliability and stability despite IRC network failures or connectivity problems.
If you have not used IRC before, you should probably look for another client; Monochrome is currently lacking documentation and assumes the user to have basic knowledge of common IRC commands and conventions.
- Reliable automatic identification with NickServ on most popular IRC networks.
- Full Unicode support.
- Sending and receiving of DCC file transfers, with auto-accept whitelist.
- Ignore and half-ignore lists.
- Trigger word list.
- Auto-away, monitoring of away state of other users.
- Customizable command aliases.
- Variety of entertaining easter eggs!
- Complete color code support - only rendering in channels, queries and status windows is supported.
- Scripting - though functionality such as identifying with NickServ is automated, so there's no major need for running custom scripts.
- Help and documentation.
- Further high-DPI fixes.
- Improved detection of dead connections.
- Implemented Ctrl+Backspace key combo app-wide.
- Fixed a bug causing some channels not to scroll to bottom automatically.
- Fixed 1.2.1 regression with entering text into editbox not scrolling channel views to the bottom properly
- Removed beep sound when doing the above
- Fixed bugs with selecting text containing certain high Unicode characters.
- Windows XP or newer.
- .NET framework 4.x.
Need help? Join #monochrome on irc.freenode.net.